Daniel Pink- The Surprising Truth about What Motivates Us

Jeremy Gilley: One Day of Peace!

Nothng's Impossible When You Love What You Do!

A 2012 National Magnet School of Excellence Award Winner!!!

2011 NC ABC's School of Distinction



2011 National Magnet School of Excellence

2010 National Magnet School of Excellence


2010 Nominee Panasonic School Change Award

2009 National Magnet School of Excellence

2008 National Magnet School of Distinction



Culture Eats Structure for Lunch!

Joyner's not just a school, it's a community. It's not a place to be for six years of your life, it's a place that will change the rest of your life.

Parent comment at Noodles and Nonsense


Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome Our New Part-Time Spanish Teacher


My name is Amy Gourley, and I am so excited to be re-joining the Joyner Spanish Team! Five years ago I taught Spanish at Joyner, and it is a delight to be back. I have long loved the Spanish language, and I find it so rewarding to share with children. I graduated from Wittenberg University with a major in Spanish and spent a year studying at a Chilean university as well. Since that time I have taught in a variety of settings including high school, elementary school, and even summer camp! A native of Pennsylvania, Raleigh has been my home for the past 10 years along with my husband, Mike. During the last five years our family has grown to include two daughters, Stella and Anna. I look forward to getting to know you and your child throughout the school year as s/he grows in her/his knowledge and love of Spanish.
Please join me in welcoming Amy to our Joyner Family! Amy will be teaching Spanish to grades Pre-K, K, 2nd and 3rd.

No comments: